Tuesday, November 17, 2009

RTT: Do You Love TMI? I Got Your TMI Right Here

This isn't actually all that random, but I so love Keely and her fugly button.

randomtuesday


*Last week, I though I was pregnant. Again. I took the lone pregnancy test left from the multi pack I bought when I though I was pregnant with Miles. I was tired, achy, starving, getting headaches, having tummy troubles, cramping, sore nipples. Basically ALL of the early pregnancy symptoms I had with both boys. It was negative. Whew.

*So, honestly? I wasn't all that freaked out about being pregnant again. I though about it, and Miles would be two and Oscar would be three and a half when the new baby came. Not really what I'd planned, but doable. I mean, Miles barely even qualifies as a baby anymore and I really love little babies. Not that I'm trying to get pregnant again anytime soon, but I've already had one surprise pregnancy so a second surprise pregnancy would really be all that surprising.

*In closely related news, I got my period for the first time in 21 months. While I was at a fucking party. And I was totally unprepared because I haven't had a period in 21 months. I felt like a 12-year-old. It was such a goddamn Judy Blume moment.

*Also, it seems the symptoms of PMS and pregnancy are basically identical.

*Have you hear of these? They are a bit pricey, but you can wear them for 12 hours so you only need two a day. And, you have to be okay with getting a bit intimate with yourself to use them. They are so amazing particularly for those of us women who've vaginally delivered babies of size and no longer find tampons effective and think pads are inconvenient or just plain gross (me). I debated doing a whole post about this issue, the issue of feminine hygiene products after giving birth vaginally, but then I decided no one really wanted to read a whole big vagina post, right? I mean there's a reason no one talks about it.

*I'm not sure how to follow up my vagina speech up there. Anyone else feeling really uncomfortable right now? Good, me too.


19 comments:

Mrsbear said...

Ah, the PMS / pregnancy switcheroo. Deceivingly similar! I've had those scares. ;) But once you can handle two little ones, three is a breeze.

The period cup is a little weird to me, but just because I am fairly certain by the time I was done with the thing my bathroom would look like I'd murdered a prostitute.

Happy Tuesday!

Michele Renee said...

The comment above is hysterical! I thought if I had one then I could remove it in the shower.
I agree about the PMS symptoms being the same. Bummer that I've had the symptoms for the last--oh, I'd say 20 days.
Here I am age 46 and for the first time since being preg mine are not regular. Things are starting to change I guess. So although I am tempted to try the cup I think my years' of use are numbered!
I think you should try it.

Design it Chic said...

unprepared periods suck:P.. what the heck.. period suck!!!!.. period:):):)
Happy Random!

*mine's up too:)

jpooh said...

I'm rather waiting for the day I can say I haven't had a period in 21 months. Of course, it will just be one more sign that I'm older than dirt, but hey - no more periods!

And thank you, MrsBear - I'm going to be chuckling over that one all day.

Jan from the Sushi Bar

I am Harriet said...

I'd freak if I were pregnant :)

Have a great RTT.
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/11/490000000-or-one-in-seven-american.html

VandyJ said...

Totally understand the Period thing. I am still on break from mine but Bruiser is only nine months old. We are not planning on having any more kids so I would freak out if I got pregnant now. I have heard of the cup and I'm not sure how I feel about it. The ick factor is pretty high for me so there is that.

Sprite's Keeper said...

The breastfeeding Gods were mean to me. Even though I was full time on the nursing, I got my period 2 months after Sprite was born for a week, then a week off, then a week on, for 3 MONTHS. I hated it IMMENSELY. Before pregnancy, I had 3-4 days of light to moderate. Now, it's seven full on days of KILL ME NOW torture with cramping thrown in for shits and giggles.
How's THAT for TMI?
Mwah!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

It is interesting how PMS symptoms are similar to pregnancy symptoms.

Those period cups are wild - you'll definitely have to post if you get some and use them. I'm afraid I'd be like Mrs. Bear and freak everyone out (including me) with the bloody mess. ;)

Happy RTT! :)

Xbox4NappyRash said...

I dunno, a pillow case shoved into a kitchen towel roll maybe?

Jenn said...

You could get totally freaky and get these:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32287001&ref=sr_list_9&&ga_search_query=menstrual+pad&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=price_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Aliceson said...

I did the same thing last month! I thought for sure I was pregnant. Sore boobs, tired, even threw up one morning. No, just a rip-snorting case of PMS.

Funny you mention all of this vagina talk. I was going to blog about my vagina today too (saw the OB/GYN yesterday) but thought better of it when I remembered that my brothers and dad read my blog.

Cara said...

Periods are miserable. We had a scare a few weeks ago. I was so f'ing scared to take that test because if it came back positive? Oh dear sweet baby J.

Casey said...

Holy shit, that cup is just plain weird.

I bought a pregnancy test the other day too since I was feeling pukey and sore booby and such but it was negative. Phew. I woulda had some splainin to do since Jamie got snipped back in March.

Jen said...

Have you heard of the Diva cup? It's reusable, which I guess might bother some but I've heard really good things about.

Captain Dumbass said...

Um, I don't know how to comment without talking about your vagina so I'm just going to say hi.

Hi, Jenni! How's your vag-

GAH!

Keely said...

Yes, I, too, love the PMS/pregnancy mixup, especially since I keep HOPING to be pregnant and keep getting disappointed. Good times, I tell ya, good times.

Sigh. Why do our vaginas hate us?

Stimey said...

I've thought about those Diva cup things, but I'm just not ready to be that up close and personal with myself.

That 2 year/3.5 year spread is EXACTLY what I have with my guys. It's pretty good, I have to say. (Now.)

Mrs. D said...

I tried Instead cups today. I will never go back. Thank you for making the vagina speech. :)

Suga T said...

I'm glad you tried the Instead. I swear by it because I can wear it and still have clean, unmessy sex. I use the Keeper when I'm not concerned about having sex.

Thanks for sharing this with others - I think it is high time ladies got comfortable enough with their bodies to use products that aren't the "norm" here in the states, particularly those that force you to actually TOUCH YOUR OWN BODY. imagine that!

As for the breastfeeding past X age discussion...do what suits you. I understand why some people are uncomfortable seeing a 3-year-old nurse. I also understand it's not that person's decision. All the same, just because I don't share that opinion doesn't mean the person is an asshole or is wrong.

I see it like the Keeper or Instead. I understand why some women think the Keeper is gross - because they're not used to the practices it introduces. I also understand why I love it. If a woman thinks it is gross, it's gross. I can still use it. Freedom. ain't it grand?