Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick-or-Treat

Saturday was Oscar's first ever trick-or-treat and he was a champ. The child was made for trick-or-treating. I'd been talking it up all week and he'd seen a few trick-or-treat Dora and Max & Ruby episodes, so he kind of got the gist. The gist being candy.


It only took my little candy procuring savant one house to nail it: 1)Knock on door; 2) Say trick-or-treat; 3) Say thank you; 4) Say happy Halloween.


Ridiculously cute. If he had to wait behind other kids, he'd be hopping up and down saying "Trick-or-Treat!" the whole time. He also pretty quickly grasped the concept of only going to houses with their porch lights on. "I see lights, Mama, lights! Go dat one!"


Towards the end of our hour-long walk, he was pretty much saying trick-or-treat or happy Halloween to everyone we passed on the street. Dead cute.

Obligatory Halloween photos (Oscar was Max the Bunny; Miles was a pirate):








8 comments:

jpooh said...

Oh, I bet he was adored at each and every house he visited. I LOVE the little ones who are just discovering Halloween and trick or treating.

Jan from the Sushi Bar

1invermillion said...

Love it! Very cute :)

Becky said...

They look great! We love Max and Ruby--I never thought of those as costumes. I've got to talk Laura and Hank into that for next year.

Casey said...

Adorable. We did the same routine.. me ever reminding the kids to say Trick or Treat, Thank you and happy halloween. It was fun.

And your boys are adorable.

Kelly said...

It's so much fun when they finally get it. Halloween is slowly turning into my favorite holiday.

Your boys are adorable!

Sprite's Keeper said...

So glad he enjoyed it! Sprite had a great time for her first time too. Love the costumes!

Stimey said...

I love that he was Max the Bunny. And, yeah, kids catch on pretty fast. :)

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Awwww! They are way too cute!!!