Tuesday, December 8, 2009

RTT: Yawn...

*Miles William is still not sleeping through the night. We're back to CIO. On Sunday, He work at 11pm and cried for about 20 minutes. He woke again at 2am and cried for around 10 minutes. He woke again at 5am and we brought him to bed for his first morning nurse. Not too bad right? LAST night, he woke at 11pm and cried for about 5 minutes. And I'm thinking, Score! Then, he woke and midnight and cried on and off until 3am. That's three hours of crying, probably in 20 minute intervals - 20 crying, 20 quiet. Not panicked crying, just tired whining-type crying. Then, Nelson went and got him and Miles flipped the crap out. Like screaming and flailing and such. So, I nursed him and he slept until 7am. Oh my god am I exhausted.

*I woke at 5:30, Oscar was up at 6. Have I mentioned that I'm exhausted?

*When Nelson is playing Xbox online, he'll kick people from his games if they say/do sexist things to the women players. He said he just won't put up with it. I'm not surprised, because Nelson is awesome like that. So, if you play online and are a jerk to the ladies, my husband won't have it, yo. He'll boot your ass from the game, even if you are an awesome player. Be forewarned.

*Our tree is up and trimmed. Surprisingly, neither kid has pulled it down, and Miles has shown almost no interest in either the tree or the ornaments. We think it's because we got a green spruce and it's needles are razor sharp. Seriously, I needed stitches after trimming that bad boy.

*Let me tell you something about Steve from Blue's Clues. Weirdo.

*Oh, Miles was momentarily interested in the lights on our tree. We have those giant, old-fashioned, colored ones. As soon as they were on the tree, he grabbed one and put it in his mouth (of course he did). For a second, his entire head lit up like light bulb. The kid was glowing. But only for a second because I was was all, ohmygodthebabyisgoingtobeelectrocuted and Nelson yanked the light bulb from his mouth. Miles was super festive for a second though. Totally in the spirit.

*Our stupid Passat is acting up again. That fucking car. When it works, I love it. But it just doesn't work properly often enough. We were going to keep it another to years, until the warranty ran out, but now I'm not so sure. We are going car shopping Friday, so we'll see.

That's all I got. I'm exhausted, remember? Go check out Keely's place for more Random Tuesday Thoughts.


17 comments:

Mrsbear said...

Dude. I'm exhausted for you. Three hours in twenty minute crying increments is still 3 hours of not sleeping. In the wee hours that's multiplied exponentially so I'm pretty sure it felt like nine hours.

Aw, look at your husband putting equality before the good of the game. He's a keeper. ;)

Steve IS weird. But Joe is a little weirder.

Design it Chic said...

lol.. i just imagined Miles all lighten up like in Monsters vs. Aliens!:)Funny!
Hope you get some rest tough!

Happy Randomness

jpooh said...

Is Steve back on Blue's Clues now? That was The Young One's favorite show when he was a toddler - I came to hate it. It got to the point where I'd have started yelling "Change your &%$@ing shirt!!!" at the television if I hadn't been afraid of traumatizing my poor child more than he already was.

You poor thing - you sound exhausted.

Jan from the Sushi Bar

1invermillion said...

Sorry about your shitty night.

LOL at Miles and the tree light :)

CaJoh said...

Perhaps the tree's not down because the little one is too exhausted from staying up all night.

I like the way your husband plays, but look out there may be some girl character who's being played by a guy who may just kick his butt because he's so nice.

Thank you for your randomness,

Cara said...

Agh. I'm so sorry you guys are having sleep issues. For my own pleasure & entertainment, I wish you weren't such a damn responsible parent & you'd taken a picture of glowing Miles :) (totally kidding. maybe). And xbox live...ugh. One of the worst, yet simultaneously best, things I've ever purchased for Chase.

VandyJ said...

I'm with you on the sleep thing. Bruiser still isn't sleeping. Some nights are OK but some are horrible. And there is no sleeping for mommy if the kids are awake. I think it's some kind of internal trigger moms are issued at the hospital. Dads sure don't get it. Anyway here's hoping things improve.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Since I can't actually come up there and babysit for you so you can get some sleep, I am officially dedicating my sleep tonight to you. (Don't hate me..)

shopannies said...

I hope the sleeping continues to get better and think you have a great husband for even playing his games like that you have to realize what a great man in life he must be

Erin said...

oh the passat! what a wonderful car :) i lusted after one for a couple years and bought my own just a few months into my new job. i LOVED that car. but, my husband convinced me to trade it in right before the warranty ran out and i did. it was a smart decision, and i don't regret it, but i did hyperventilate in the parking lot of the dealership!

good luck with your new purchase! i love my chevy equinox - and especially love the new redesign (which i sadly cannot upgrade to get)

Big Mama Cass said...

Awww :( you poor thing!! Hope you get some rest tonight

Heather said...

I agree, Steve, creepy!

Hope you get some sleep again soon. Nothing sucks more than being completely exhausted and then having to run around after two little ones during the day!

Loved the light bulb story...he was just getting into the spirit of things, very festive!

Keely said...

omg, now we can't get a tree because Xander will do EXACTLY that. Last year he wasn't quite walking yet so he was much more containable.

Aliceson said...

As much as I want to have another child, I do NOT EVER want to have my sleep compromised in a way that only a baby can manage. Good luck to you!

Too bad about the car too. Car shopping is fun though, right?

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

I'm totally exhausted reading all that. ;) Hopefully things will calm down and you'll get some much needed sleep.

I had to read the paragraph about Miles 'glowing' and being in the spirit...too funny!!

Steve is weird. 'nuff said.

Captain Dumbass said...

If only you could have taken a picture of Miles with the light, that would've been sweet!

Veronica said...

Pissing myself at Miles' head lighting up. Thankyou.