Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Good Day

I was sitting here this morning laboring over a post about Miles; about how freeing I've found parenting him and about how different my worries are the second time around.

It started out as a happy, relaxed post that spiraled into worry so I've put it aside for now because I'm not in the mood to worry. I've spent the morning building train tracks that were later destroyed by dinosaurs and lining up cars to be crushed by monster trucks and racing loaders and playing catch. The joy in these games, the games of little boys, is overwhelming and much preferred over worry of things I don't know and cannot control.

I'm more well rested today than I've been in a week. I went to bed at a reasonable hour. Oscar stayed in his own bed. Nelson got up with Miles. I had time to shower this morning. I'm making a new dish for dinner (Cuban-style beef and rice) and there are two cupcakes left for the boys for snack time this afternoon. We had about five inches of wet, fluffy snow last night and today the sun is shining.

The boys are playing together well. I'm hopeful about naps today. I feel...serene.

It is going to be a good day. I can feel it.




10 comments:

VandyJ said...

Amazing what good sleep(well better sleep) will do for you. Enjoy your day!

Casey said...

Isn't it crazy how just getting a little sleep and less tantrums can affect your entire day? I hope yours is a good one.

Cara said...

I hope you have a good day! You deserve it :)

jpooh said...

Oh, goodness girl - after the week you've had, you deserve this good day!!

Jan from the Sushi Bar

Sprite's Keeper said...

Reading this somehow made my day better too. :-)

Jenn said...

YAH! Good parenting days rock.

Stimey said...

Awesome. Hold on to that feeling. :)

Captain Dumbass said...

Yay! Hold on tight and enjoy it while it lasts.

Mrsbear said...

Hooray for serenity. Take hold of it while it's there, dig your nails in and don't let it squirm away.

Barbara said...

Your serenity is infectious. I feel just a little bit calmer having read your post. THank you.

I'm glad you've had some sleep too - well done!