Tuesday, February 23, 2010

RTT: Dude, I Don't Even Know

How does the song go? Tuesday, Wednesday; stay in bed? Well, since that's not an option:
randomtuesday

*After more than two weeks we finally have our Internet and land line restored. They sent a tech last Wednesday and she call to tell me the snow banks were too big and she couldn't access the telephone pole; I rescheduled for Friday. Well, Friday came and what was intermittent phone and Internet access turned into NO phone and Internet access. So, I called again on Sunday. And they claimed a tech came on Friday and "fixed a dropped line." They also claimed that we weren't home when he came (LIE) so he could not check the inside line. Another tech came yesterday and check the inside line and it turned out that the tech on Friday fixed the dropped line with a wire that was incompatible with the wiring going into our house. So, he replaced the wire and the DSL synced up and the phone was working. But we couldn't connect because I had to reset the connection. I called tech support and talked to someone clearly in India and that's all well and good and normally I understand accented English really well, but when a two-and-a-half-year-old is screaming and playing with loud toys and climbing on me and yelling in my ear? Not so much. After 20 minutes we had the connection restored. My Internet is back! I feel human again.

*I want the sun. Please, someone send the sun. Also, sleep.

*A conversation with Oscar yesterday over his poop -

Oscar: Is it a big one, Mommy?
Jenni: Yeah, it's a big one, Buddy.
Oscar: It's a lion poop Mommy, a big lion poop!
Jenni: What?!
Oscar: It's a big lion poop. Lions are big. They have big poops.
Jenni: Yeah, that's right. A lion poop it is.

*Nelson is in California this week (what up, OC?!) and my mom is in town helping me wrangle the boys. Praise be.

*So, yesterday, Oscar and I were upstairs looking for is blanket and we couldn't find it, so I told him that it must be downstairs. His response: "No, Mommy, my blanket disappeared." He pronounced and used "disappeared" correctly. That's crazy, right? It's like he's becoming a grown person.

*Miles new words this week: sock, shoe, water (wa-dar), tickle (as in tickle, tickle!).

*I sliced the hell out of my finger last night while making dinner. A dinner neither of my children touched. Possibly because it was tainted by human flesh. Or not tainted with enough human flesh.

*Have you heard that XBox and ET finally had their baby? A little girl (as I predicted, though Monica pointed out I ALWAYS predict girls.) I've been following his blog for two years as they tried to conceive and it totally warms my heart to see a photo of little Sanne on his blog. Congrats, guys. She's gorgeous, and she picked a great family.

*You know how we all have things that we don't/won't/can't blog about? But sometimes these things are huge parts of our lives and it's really difficult not to write about them because they just take up so much space in our minds and hearts? Yeah, well I have one right now.

*You know what I think is ridiculous? That how every time Facebook changes it's homepage layout people are always all up in arms and posting polls and groups about how much they hate it. But six months later, when they change it again, they are now in love with the layout that they were so recently protesting. I just feel like that's a lot of wasted time. Kind of like blogging about Facebook.

Okay, that's all I got. Check out Keely for more Random Tuesday Thoughts.

18 comments:

jpooh said...

We, too, are dealing with a large, unbloggable situation. And it stinks not to be able to write about it an ask all of my wonderful bloggy friend's advice. :( I feel for you.

But I'm so glad you've got your internet back - I'd go crazy if ours went out and stayed out that long!

Jan from the Sushi Bar

Michele said...

I hate repair people. We called to have the oven fixed. They called to confirm. They never showed up. We called to ask where the heck they were. They said that they had over booked. We told them that they owed us a half a day's wages. They haven't sent the money. I don't think I'll hold my breath.

VandyJ said...

Ouch! Hope your finger is OK. Props for Oscar and the potty front!

I am Harriet said...

2 weeks without internet? That would never happen to me...ggrrrrr


Have a great RTT!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/02/learn-how-to-slice-your-kids-hot-dogs-boomers-who-still-smoke-the-stuff-pit-bulls-and-little-people-all-have-what-in-common/

♥ Kathy said...

Ugh, I have an unbloggable topic right now too :( I long for the days when no one knew my blog existed and I could talk about EVERYTHING!

thebearandroo said...

your poor finger!

sorry for the unbloggable...I hope you guys can work through it soon.

Shelly said...

How funny. Lion poo. Out of the mouths of babes.

Way too long without Internet. How'd you do it?

Happy RTT

Becky said...

Lion poop. The king of poops!

You're kind of teasing us with the big thing you won't/can't blog about. It's okay though. We understand.

gretchen said...

Jude always calls it a "Man Poop", and is very proud of it's size and virility.

I TOTALLY agree about the Facebook thing. Everybody is in an uproar every time they make changes. Please! So glad you said this, I thought I was the only one.

steenky bee said...

Sooo...I'm going to be the sixteenth person to comment about poop. There's just something about biological functions that draw a crowd, right? When Henners was just learning to go in the potty, of course he HAD to show us every *present* he made for us. HE KEPT THIS UP FOR OVER TWO YEARS. I put a stop to it in the public restoom of a McDonald's when he tried to show a stranger and she actually showed interest in seeing it. I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to who I was more creeped out by. Also? Holla for your mother!

Keely said...

I just don't understand why they KEEP changing it. They're just pushing paper around, really.

I have lots of things I'd like to blog about but can't (or won't). In fact, thanks to my self-imposed set of rules, I'm starting to run out of material.

Frogs in my formula said...

Omigosh, your:

"You know how we all have things that we don't/won't/can't blog about? But sometimes these things are huge parts of our lives and it's really difficult not to write about them because they just take up so much space in our minds and hearts? Yeah, well I have one right now."

Me too. Me too. I know exactly what you're talking about.

Casey said...

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. So sorry to hear about your connection being down for so long. It's like a death in the family anymore, no?

I will trade you the sun for any sleep you can spare. Please?

What's this unbloggable secret? Come on, you can tell me. You ok?

Sprite's Keeper said...

Sprite loves to compare her poop. Lately, she's been seeing fish. Sorry for the influenced visual.

Big Mama Cass said...

HAHA A big lion poop, huh? Way to go buddy ;)

Glad your internet is back, that stinks that it was out so long!

I have a big something on my mind that I can't blog about either. and it's making me crazy. I am half debating starting a totally anonymous blog. But then I know nobody will read it so I changed my mind. But then I want one to spill my guts on. But it's a lame idea. But I still can't decide. lol

Ya know what makes me loony on Facebook? When they change the layout and then everyone is all "Make them change it back!" and talking smack about the creators and I just think... HELLO PEOPLE! It's FREE! It's not like you are PAYING THEM for this!! Oi

Happy day, hope your finger heals soon!!

Xbox4NappyRash said...

:-)

Thanks, we're delighted.

Jenn said...

I need some sun STAT. I have winter officially. I gave it a good try, and now I am done. Bring on spring. PLEASE. Hope the vomiting has stopped.

Mrsbear said...

I've had computer issues for the past week-ish. I soooo didn't feel human.

And my boy is all about his poop.

Hope your unbloggable-ness loosens it's hold on you. I've been there. Occasionally revist and it always does a number on my frame of mind. Ugh.

Sending sunlight. HTH.