Tuesday, February 2, 2010

RTT: Updates! Read All About It!

randomtuesday

*Miles William is still sleeping like crap. He's back to waking around 1AM he's screaming so loudly that if I don't bring him into our bed he wakes Oscar. Then, I have two children in my bed. So, Miles wins. He gets to come to the bed. He's absolutely cutting molars right now and is miserable for it. Even once he's in our bed he spends the night tossing and turning. His signature move is throwing his head back and slamming it into my nose. Once last night; twice the night before. It's pretty awesome. I am sleeping horribly. But I would sleep even more horribly with two children in my bed. So, win? Partially?

*Oscar is officially sleeping in his big boy bed most nights. Not last night, or anything, when he was up until 10:30PM and I finally brought him into our bed so he'd go to sleep. Then, when Nelson moved him, he had to stay in Oscar room with him for an hour. Oh, yeah, and that little maneuver work up Miles, who tossed and turned in our bed from 1AM on. Not that I'm tired. At this point, I'm pretty sure my body has evolved into a state of hyper performance where I no longer need sleep. Kind of like Jason Bourne, without all the killing.

*Oscar is killing potty training. He is in underwear every day. We're averaging once accident a day, but he did have his first accident free day on Friday. His main problem is that he doesn't always tell us in time that he has to go to the potty, and he does not make it. Sometimes he'll be really busy playing and realize too late that he's got to go, and he'll have an accident. He is also more likely to have them when he's tired. He's also successfully peed in public, but only in his potty. (Yes, I bring his potty with us. No, I don't have any shame.) I'm not quite sure what else to do because he's afraid of the big toilet. So, with us the potty goes. Thank god I gave up what was left of my dignity years ago.

*It's settled. I'm going to BlogHer this year. And I'm likely rooming with this lady. And, possibly this lady. And, if we can convince her to trek her ass across country, this lady. I know, I know, it's like blog royalty. Dooce was totally begging to room with me, but I was like, "No way, Heather Armstrong! I'm only rooming with people named Jennifer and/or Pamela. You're out!" I'm slightly concerned that I'm going to drink way too much in an effort to Relax! and Be Social! and end up making a total ass of myself. Okay, that's pretty likely to happen. I'm also wondering what people wear to the BlogHer conference. Business attire? Jeans? Somewhere in the middle? I'm not worried about being cute, I'm worried about being appropriate. What I'm asking is should I leave the stripper shoes at home?

Check out my girl Keely for more RTT!

14 comments:

Kat said...

Totally bring the stripper shoes.

Mrsbear said...

We actually went through that with our older son, where he'd wake up in the middle of the night and we'd end up sleeping on his floor just to get him to fall back to sleep in his bed. And that was a victory over letting him sleep with us in our bed, which would've been worse than a carpet nap.

So jealous of your BlogHer action. Never hurts to bring the stripper shoes, just in case.

I am Harriet said...

Sounds like a productive household :)

Have a great Tuesday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/02/yesim-backthanks-for-asking.html

VandyJ said...

Win on the potty front. Sorry about the sleep thing. They should give awards to the parents for surviving the kids.

CaJoh said...

Stopping by from the Un Mom…

I kind of wished that Blogher would be in Chicago again this year. I would have liked to rub elbows with my fellow bloggers, but cannot afford the trip to NYC. Have fun!

Thanks for your randomness,

jpooh said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're still having problems on the sleep front. :( But, as for the potty, LOTS of little kids are afraid of the big potty, so I don't blame you a bit for taking Oscar's potty with you. I would.

I'm debating on BlogHer - not sure if I'm going or not. However, if I do, I'll be more than happy to drink too much and make an ass of myself with you.

Jan from the Sushi Bar

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oh, how I wish I was joining you in your blogging debauchery! Unfortunately, I am making plans to be in the DC area in late August. Do you know any bloggers I can meet up there?????
Yes, we have a portable potty in our van. It has saved our lives way too many times. I've even brought it into the Disney parks to keep Sprite in underwear. I stowed it in a big shopping bag and when the guard looked in it, he quickly pulled his hand back and waved me forward. Apparently, I have no shame either. :-)

Frogs in my formula said...

You must bring your stripper shoes to BlogHer. I heard Paris Hilton is the official sponsor. Her and Kraft, I think.

Get some rest. The Jason Bourne thing was so funny!

Susanica said...

OMG! Blogher! Can I tell you that I am feeling a very inordinate amount of pride that the first line you every blogged was: "After much encouragement from our friend Monica, we've decided to start our own blog!"

My work here is totally done!!! I'm very excited that you are going to go. It sounds like a fabulous event! -M (Maybe if Dooce won't room with you, you can check in with Pioneer Woman? ;-)

Aliceson said...

Way to go Oscar! And awesome news about Blogher too! I say leave the stripper shoes at home but opt for a pedicure and a cute pair of sandals instead. ;)

Casey said...

I'm telling you, Oscar is a potty going genius. We're getting there too but we have to keep on G or he has accidents. So we bring him to the potty every 45 min or so and he's good.

Sorry you're having sleep issues too. It's not enough that these kids drive us nuts ALL DAY LONG but they have to mess with our nights too? Come one. Not cool.

Barbara said...

I once whipped the potty out in the back corner of the shop, the girl successfully wee-d in it and I then had to carry it through the length of the shop to empty it. Think it through before you do wee-ing in public!

Stimey said...

Yay! BlogHer! Maybe we can finally meet. You know, in New York.

jen @ negative lane said...

I'm totally jealous of your (well, Oscar's) potty training success. Well, we've been pee trained for forever, but the poop thing has caused a lot of grief around here. I may have to post an update on that soon because, c'mon, who doesn't like to read about poop, right?

As for BlogHer, I'm so, so jealous that you're going! I'm too intimidated by New York and too intimidated by other bloggers to go, plus I don't really know anyone to go with. Be sure to post huge updates about all the planning and stuff that you do so I can live vicariously through you!