Tuesday, March 16, 2010

RTT: Poop, Pee, and Sunshine

The rain is gone, the sun is shining, and spring weather seems to have finally shown up here in the mid-Atlantic. What better way to celebrate than by randomizing a blog post?

randomtuesday

*We've all been felled by a cold this week. It's on of the ones where your ears get blocked. It sucks. So there's that.

*After ranting about my washing machine last week, my friend Casey was like, "Duh, if it's within 90 days call Sears and they'll take that bad boy back." Well, after a third service visit yesterday and a new problem diagnosed (now it's the agitator), I did call Sears. My new machine will arrive today between 3 and 5. So, it is easier and faster to get Sears to send me a new machine than it is to get Whirlpool to fix a broken machine. Go figure.

*Last night when I was laying down with Oscar waiting for him to fall asleep (yes, every night) I also fell asleep. I woke up at 1:30AM still in my jeans and sneakers, in the bed. Apparently I was exhausted. I blame the cold.

*The sun is finally shining today and I can't get Oscar to go pee and get dressed so we can go outside and play He's just like, "No, not right now!" So I baked banana bread and fixed breakfast. The kid must have a steel bladder.

*Speaking of Oscar's bodily functions (because what else to mommy bloggers blog about?) he's now refusing to poop. He actually turned to me the other day and said, "I'm just trying to keep my poop from coming out of my butt, Mommy." When I asked him why he said, "I just don't like to poop." I've been bribing him with Thomas the Tank Engine trains purchased at rock bottom prices on ebay, but it's not working anymore. Ideas? Anyone?

Alright, I'm off to enjoy this sunshine, even if I have to take my toddler outside in his PJs. Check out Keely for some more random biz.

12 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah for sunshine. It is supposed to be 64 here tomorrow. I am planning on a short jail break in the afternoon.

Yuck for more sickness.

VandyJ said...

We had problems with Turbo and pooping. He was always getting constipated. Popcicles worked as a bribe sometimes.

jpooh said...

To be honest, I have no advice for encouraging Oscar to go poop. If he holds it back too long, he'll get constipated - perhaps if that happens and you explain that not going poop was the cause, he'll start again.

I don't know, though - little boys are so weird about things like that. My daughter potty trained without a hitch by the time she was 18 months old and never had so much as an accident, but my sons were so darn stubborn about it.

Jan from the Sushi Bar

DeeMarie said...

I love the sun!! I opened the door to my porch just to feel the warmth.... and then realized it may be sunny but it was still cold! Feel better!!!!!

rachel said...

About the poop situation... (lol) My pediatrician told me that some kids try to hold it. So apparently that is normal. Ben will only poop at home. My aunt caught him running in circles one day and when she asked what his problem was, he admitted that he needed to poop but didn't want to. My pediatrician added that if he waits too long and gets an upset stomach or constipates himself it can lead to associating pain with poop. Which in turn makes it harder to get him to JUST GO ALREADY! LOL I would call your Dr. and see what they think because nothing I do makes Ben go poop away from home. Nothing. Good Luck and can't wait to hear what works for Oscar. :)

♥ Kathy said...

My son did the whole no pooping thing. It actually turned out bad...he waited so long that a trip to the doctor was necessary. Hope yours doesn't turn out that way! Happy RTT!

Julie from Momspective said...

You had me at your title.

elizabeth said...

Some of my friends had a non-pooper little boy as well. Here's what they did: this little boy loved cars and so my friends went and bought a bunch of match box cars. They put these cars up high on a shelf accross from the toilet so that he could see them but not get to them. He would "earn" a car for every poop. He would sit on that toilet grunting and pushing just so that he could get a car. They stopped when he started having 2 or 3 poops a day. But it worked....

Sprite's Keeper said...

Ah, poop patrol.
Yup, gonna have to wait it out. Oscar will come around to it and then the pee accidents will come back while he's be perfect with the poop. Sprite went through just that.

Cara said...

Awesome that you're getting a new machine!

Dude. I hope Oscar poops soon for you. We had our own pooptastrophe a few months ago & it got so bad that Claire would only take a dump in her diaper...and would scream & cry the entire time she was doing it. I finally told her that if she wanted to go to "school" the next day, that she had to go in the toilet because only big kids get to go to school & big kids don't wear diapers while they're awake.

Mrsbear said...

It's a vicious cycle, holding the poop back will make it painful when it does finally come out. It has to come out eventually.

He's got quite the will, that one. Although the steel bladder is a blessing during long trips.

Yay for new washers!

Casey said...

Oh yay, I said something useful! Glad you got the new washer, that's f'ed up that it broke so soon after buying it..

If it makes you feel any better, it happens to me too. My car's warrant just expired and I took it in the next week to have some stuff fixed and was out of luck. Stupid stuff, always breaking.