Tuesday, April 20, 2010

RTT: The bright side

Tuesday: At least it's not Monday!

randomtuesday

*Well, my break didn't come in the form of yesterday.  Oscar was wired all day long and Miles woke TWICE last night (1:15AM and 4:15AM) and he ended up in my bed because I was exhausted and ohmygod the crying.  I think he's cutting more molars.  It just feels like a big karmic F-U as this is happening while Nelson is in Texas.  I blame Texas.  Bath time was the type of nightmare that finds Johnny Depp spewing blood from the ceiling, but bed time went surprisingly well.  And dinner with my friend Pam was fantastic, and she even helped clean up.  Today has been better.  I was able to shower, so major points over yesterday already.  I've decided that all the preservatives in the bacon Oscar has been having for breakfast are what has been making him nuts, so no bacon today and we'll see how it goes.

*Oscar is saying, "No, thank you" on the reg so yeah for polite preschoolers!

*My friend Jane and her son Gideon are coming for dinner and I'm really looking forward to it. Sloppy Joes, sweet potato fries, and green beans.  I might try to make something for desert if I have time today.

*The ants are back, those little bastards.  Exterminator comes today, so they'll be be kissing their thoraxes good bye.

*Nebo climbed over the fence again this morning, but Valentine did not.  I'd like to think that she refrained due to my strict admonishment, and that she's making the connection "going over the fence = less time outside." I realize this is unlikely, but please don't ruin my delusion.  My delusions are all that are keeping me going this week.

*Do you know who Justin Bieber is?  If you do, you should check out this website.  Love or loath him, it is pretty awesome documentation  of a phenomenon knows as Biebinism.  It is so worth the click, I swear to you.

*My goals for today: 1) Scold less; 2) Laugh more; 3) Do better.

That's all for today.  Get thee to Keely's for more Random Thoughts!

13 comments:

Michele R said...

I remember how mad I used to get at bathtime. All my anger just seemed to bubble over. And LOL on the Nightmare on Elm and Johnny Depp!
Thank goodness my boys have told me about Justin Bieber or I would have wondered why some (16 year old!!!!) girl was named Justin.
I think I’ll do sloppy Joes for dinner as well. And isn’t it amazing when a female friend/sister is there to do clean-up or interact with the kids? Gets you peeved at the folks out there who have this kinship regularly. Happy Tuesday!

VandyJ said...

Yeah for Tuesday--I hope both boys sleep better tonight.

crazylovescompany said...

You definitely need a break girl. Last night for dessert we had brown cows. In case you need easy inspiration. A rootbeer float, but with chocolate ice cream. What? Those can be grown up too!

Keely said...

That site confused me.

Kingsmom said...

Love your goals for today. Here's to a night with more sleep.

BTW...I haven't had sloppy joes in years....sounds wonderful!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Here's hoping the curse of Texas lifts and you get some sleep soon! ;)

Mrsbear said...

I never suspected bacon to be such a cruel bastard. It tastes so good. I hope Oscar doesn't have to miss out on some good bacon lovin forever. I do hope things settle down though. Good luck. Enjoy dinner.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Sorry about the waking molars. Two steps forward, one step back.

Jan said...

I want your dinner...

It could very well be the preservatives in the bacon. You should be able to find some that is cured only with salt - no nitrates - but it's likely to be on the pricey side.

Captain Dumbass said...

All I can think of now is Sloppy Joes. I haven't had one since I lived at home. Can I come over for dinner? And I know Justin Bieber is from here but I haven't heard his music. Maybe if I was a ten year old girl.

Jessi Louise said...

I remember those days!! Lack of sleep just makes everything so much harder to take. Hope the rest of your week is going better!

Casey said...

I think we got the same cosmic FU's. Jamie's dad died and he was up there for a week before and while he was gone, my kids were SO BAD and taking 3 hours to get to sleep then up all night. They just know. Then we flew to PA with toddlers. Fun fun.

I hope things get better. Parenting sucks sometimes. It does.

FoN said...

I blame Texas for a lot of stuff too. At least you have a reason.

That JB site is SO funny.