Tuesday, April 6, 2010

RTT: Summer is the Air; Win, Win, Win!

Tuesday - it's the new Wednesday.  I think I've used this line before...

randomtuesday

*I know, I KNOW!  Where the hecks have I been this past week?  Well, DC has been experiencing a little bit of summer in the springtime so we've been enjoying all the glorious weather.  It's been in the upper 70s and into the 80s all week.  We have been spending every waking minute outside racing dump trucks; blowing bubbles; playing in the sandbox and sand and water table; snapping all the heads off my daffodils and hyacinths; spending long hours at the playground; and getting super sweaty and dirty.  I has been mostly amazing, but we live in an older home without central AC and we don't have our window units in yet (because it's effing April, right?) so the house has been a little, um, steamy.  You might think we could just open the windows, but we still have the storm windows in up stairs (APRIL!) and we don't have screens for the downstairs (old house, story for another time) so it has been getting a little hot up in here.  The only other problem was my kids lack of summer attire, but I finally got off my duff and bought them some shorts so they won't be sweating it out in jeans or sweats today.

*Speaking of summer attire, my ass is carrying around an extra 8-10 lbs from this winter.  It's not quite the look I'm going for, so I need to work on that.  HASAY is no more, so I'm thinking of hooking up with the Loser Moms if they'll have me.

*Oscar is pooping again.  Yeah!  Like, he just sits down on the toilet an poops with little to no coaxing.  Sometime, he goes potty ALL BY HIMSELF.  Like, I'll just look over and he's dropped trow and is sitting on the potty.  And, we were at the vet's this past weekend w/Valentine and he was like, "I need to go potty or I'm going to pee-pee in my pants."  The timing was awful because we were at the vet and I had to cram him and 75lb Valentine into a tiny bathroom, but he did not pee his pants.  Win!

*Both boys are sleeping in their own bedroom together.  They both wake up maybe twice a week, but they don't wake each other.  Win!

*We went to the National Zoo on Friday.  I was thinking it was a nice day, and my mom was in town, so the zoo would be a great place to spend the day.  Unfortunately, everyone else in the DC metro area had the same idea.  The zoo was a zoo.  But, the weather was gorgeous and the big cats were loving it, even though the Asia Trail disappointed (it always does.)

*My birthday, AWESOME.  Total win.

Go outside, enjoy the spring.  But check out Keely for some more Random before you do.

12 comments:

Mrsbear said...

That's quite a bit of winning, with hopefully a little losing sneaking its way in...

So happy for you on the toilet usage and getting your hijacked bed back. Woot.

And a Happy Belated to you!

Aliceson said...

Believe it or not, I'm a little jealous of your super steamy summer-like weather. It's cool and rainy here today. Nuff said, right?

So glad you had a nice B-day!!!

Jan said...

Things sound like they're coming together in Casa de Oscarelli these days - hooray! And I'm so glad you had a nice birthday.

We've been rocking the unseasonably warm weather, too, but I totally understand the house being hot because when they installed our new furnace and water heater, they took out the old AC in anticipation of installing the new one this Spring. I just got a call from the company doing the work yesterday saying that because of the unseasonably warm weather, they've been overwhelmed with AC installations and repair and can't get to us until April 27.

Story of my life...

VandyJ said...

So jealous--snow here. Glad your birthday rocked. I cna totally understand the windows thing cause we had windows like that for years in our house. Two years ago we invested in new windows. Now we can open any one we want--it's great.

Jennifer said...

Glad u got to enjoy some summer. Found you @ the Un mom. If Loser mom wont have u try familyofshorts.blogspot.com she is hosting a journey from Muffin top to skinny jeans. I just joined up it gets goin real good tomorrow! If ur ever surfing through the neighbor hood stop by and visit my blog http://mysanityranawaywithmymind.blogspot.com/

I am Harriet said...

I can relate to that entire summer attire thing.

Have a great Tuesday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/guess-big-0/

The Crazy Coxes said...

Wow! It sounds like you are having a great week!

Great Random and Happy Late Birthday! Enjoy your warm weather!

crazylovescompany said...

Sounds like some serious fun is being had! And happy belated birthday!

Sprite's Keeper said...

I keep reading about all these wins and can only think, Score!

givingherallshesgot said...

This whole post just made me smile! :-D

Kat said...

Tagged you on my blog :)

Michele said...

Happy Birthday!

High five to Oscar.

I was in DC a few weeks ago and the weather was lovely. Not too hot and not buried in snow. Perfect.