Friday, April 9, 2010

Seasonal Eats

I love eating what's fresh and in season, so that's the theme of this weeks meal plan.  I'm also cooking up a bunch of new meals from one of my new cookbooks, Everyday Food: Great Food Fast, that was recommended to my by my friend Jane.  She loves how it's broken down by seasons, as do I.

Here's what I'm making:

Sautéed Chicken in Mustard-Cream Sauce with Roasted Asparagus (nothing says spring to me like asparagus)
Almond-Apricot Chicken with Mint Pesto and Fresh Steamed Green Beans
Thai-Style Steak Salad (I'm going to make the steaks on the grill)
Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce with a Mixed Greens Salad
Spicy Italian Veggie Soup with Spinach and Meatballs (This one make frequent appearances on my meal plan.)
Left Over Night/pizza night

Is your mouth watering?  Mine is.  I'm actually excited to take the heathens to the grocery store.  No, I'm not.  Oscar totally make me look like an asshole and a terrible mother at the farmer's market last night and I'm a little terrified of a repeat performance.  More on that next week.

I'm going to try to post at least one recipe next week, so let me know in the comments which one you are most interested in seeing.  I know I owe a few of you recipes from back before Nelson's aunt passed away, but I haven't been able to get it together to get them out.  But I will, I promise!!

So, tell me, what's cooking?

Hey, if you click to buy that cookbook (you should, it is awesome) I'm getting some proceeds.  Not much, but you know, some.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Holy cow - you're going to make me choose? Well, if you insist, here is what I'd like to see, in descending order:

1. Almond-Apricot Chicken with Mint Pesto

2. Sauteed Chicken in Mustard-Cream Sauce

3. Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce

I'm a sucker for sauces, as you can see. LOL

Sprite's Keeper said...

I echo Jan. I have almonds, that's a third of the recipe right there!

Michele R said...

The sauteed chicken in mustard sauce and the Thai Steak Salad!!

periperijane said...

Another good thing about the cookbook is that every recipe has a beautiful, full color picture, which really helps you figure out what you're supposed to be doing.

gretchen said...

Okay, you reeled me in, I put the cookbook in my shopping cart at Amazon.

And if I could only choose one recipe, I'd want "Apricot Chicken with Mint Pesto and Fresh Steamed Green Beans". Sounds delicious.

Stephanie said...

I love this cook book mostly because it has color photos and that inspires me more to make the recipe. I'd have to choose the Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce because I love Pork and I love Mustard.

My weekly plan changes often also, but every Thurs is taco night where Trin and I make some sort of taco version. Then on Friday, we make homemade pizza.