Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


I sit here today while Nelson is out picking up sandwiches for lunch.  He rented a bike trailer so we can enjoy this gorgeous (if not a bit windy) day with a long, family bike ride and a picnic in the park.  All of this follows breakfast this morning with my own mom, and I'll close the day with drinks with my mom friend Pam.  A perfect day.

I feel overwhelming lucky.  I have two beautiful little boys who taught me to love with my whole heart.  Oscar, the first person to call me "Momma" and who challenges me to be a better parent and person every day.  Miles, who is so filled with laughter and joy that I know I must be doing something right.  I feel so honored to love them and to know them and to teach them and to watch them grow.

My husband Nelson, who has more faith in my parenting than I do on most days, who supports me and relieves me whenever I need it.  I'm so glad that we share this amazing life.

Happy Mother's Day!
Mother's Day 2009

7 comments:

Ms. Esquire said...

Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy your bike ride! I'm on my fifth blog of my life now, so add me!

Michele said...

Happy Mother's Day! Have a great bike ride.

Becky said...

Happy Mother's Day! Love that pic. Miles's face is priceless and is Oscar brushing his teeth?

Captain Dumbass said...

Happy Belated Mother's day!

Mrsbear said...

Hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day.

Cara said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jenni. I hope it was a wonderful day with your three boys. You are such a beautiful person & an amazing mom. Keep it up!

Casey said...

Aww, and happy belated Mother's Day to you too! Glad you ahd a great day....