Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's a good thing

It's a good thing the boys each took turns in the big bed, kicking the crap out of me last night.

It's a good thing Miles woke seconds after I entered the shower and screamed the whole time I was in there.

It's a good thing Oscar loves his and Miles's matching PJs so much he's refused to change out of them and it's nearly noon.

It's a good thing Nelson left and open soda can on the side table in the living room.  Again.

(Too bad Miles that even with his best efforts, Miles was unable to use the soda can to cut his finger.)

It's a good thing I thought today was Wednesday.

It's a good thing I forgot the cleaning people were coming today and neglected to clean up the books/toys/shoes/clothes from the floor before the arrived.

It's a good thing it's been so long since I've done laundry I had to wash clothes today so Miles would have pants.

It's a good thing I keep forgetting to ask Nelson to bring the dirty laundry to the basement so I can wash it and the clean laundry upstairs so I can fold it and put it away.

It's a good thing Nelson misplaced the checkbook the first time he's used it in five years, on the one day a week I need it to pay the cleaning people.

It's a good thing I had mound of dirty laundry to sort through so I could find the check book after nearly 30 minutes of searching all over the house.

It's a good thing Miles dumped out the dog's water right after the floor was washed.

It's a good thing Miles refused to nap until 11:30.

It's a good thing Oscar dumped out a massive bucket of matchbox cars seconds after the cleaning people left and has since refused to pick them up and I've tripped over them 97,000,000 times.

It's a good thing that Danny's response to being told he is not allowed to jump on the couch was to burst into uncontrollable tears of heartbreak.

It's a good thing my tooth still hurts two weeks after being drilled.

It's a good thing that the only game Oscar and Danny want to play while the littles are sleeping involves drumming on metal pans.

It's a good thing that the second I reprimand Oscar for bad behavior that Danny immediately imitates the exact same behavior (example: banging on windows with plastic hammers) and then I reprimand Danny for the behavior (that he just heard Oscar get in trouble for exhibiting) and Oscar imitates the behavior (that both he AND Danny have gotten in trouble for exhibiting) and on and on into infinity. Or time out (also know as time of preschoolers shrieking and sobbing at the injustice of not being allowed to smash windows.)

It's a good thing the children shrieked at me and literally tugged on my pants as I was preparing their snack.

It's a good thing there's been a safety recall on our stair gates.

It's a good thing, you know, because I wouldn't want things to get boring around here.

6 comments:

VandyJ said...

It's a good thing you still have your sense of humor because I know I would have gone crazy after a morning like that.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Hear hear to Vandy!
I kept waiting for the catch to come, thinking what the hell is good about any of that?
Love your sense of humor. It keeps you sane!

Keely said...

It's a good thing we all have selective 'mom' memories, too!

Heidi said...

It's a good thing it's almost cocktail hour ;)

Mrsbear said...

It is a good thing. It gives you something to blog about. ;) Peace and quiet is for the elderly, a mom's life keeps those stomach acids pumping. Woo. Extreeeeme.

Susanica said...

It's a good thing that someday Benji will be able to cause just as much trouble at your house! (But apparently he's an angel right now.)