Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mighty, mega, (pink) monster trucks


Oscar requested a pink monster truck cake for his birthday.  I used a homemade pound cake and icing.  It was pink, with purple trim and orange stars.  I think it turned out pretty well.  Oscar was very pleased. Here it is:






I also made that dinosaur cake, but it didn't turn out nearly as well.  I mean, it was delicious, but not very cute.  The jellybean spots on it were a huge hit, though.

Confession: I still haven't written thank you notes for his gifts.  I swear, I'm on it.

13 comments:

Michele said...

Nice job. I once made an Ernie cake for one of my boys. Ernie turned out looking a lot like Don King. http://normlevy.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/don_king.jpg

Jan said...

As a former professional cake decorator, let me just say: ADORABLE!! You did a GREAT job!

Strawberry said...

Good job! And look how freaking happy he is!! Adorable.

PS- My word verification is "dedwooki" hm.

Captain Dumbass said...

That is an awesome cake.

VandyJ said...

I could never be that creative and hve it turn out so well. Great job!

Keely said...

That's so cute! I just made Elmo cupcakes last year, totally not thinking of the potential psychological trauma associated with eating Elmo's FACE.

thebearandroo said...

Dude, that cake is awesome.

Also? You are totally rockin' that green dress.

crazylovescompany said...

Awesome! Are those tires painted with dark icing or fondant? You're my cake hero.

anymommy said...

That is adorable. I buy all our cakes and I am super duper impressed by homemade always.

Mrsbear said...

That pink monster truck is awesome! Are those chocolate doughnut tires? You totally had me at pound cake though.

Heather said...

Very cool cake! I can't even begin to figure out how you made that. As far as the dinosaur cake, looks good to me...I've always felt that I'd rather have something that tastes great and maybe doesn't look as good, than something that looks great but tastes awful.

Big Mama Cass said...

Awesomeness. LOVE!

靜宸靜宸 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.