Wednesday, August 4, 2010

All by myself

A three and a half hour train ride of blissful, near silence.

A 10 minute cab ride, with a drive that neither talk to me, screamed at someone in a foreign language on his phone, or played horribly music.

An hour in my friend Amy's empty apartment spent in total quiet.

A stroll through her New York neighborhood with no one to push in a stroller, or demand to be carried.

Lunch with only myself for company and no little fingers picking food off of my plate for the first time in years.

A bag that I keep checking inside of because it feels so light, not weighed down my countless matchbox cars and lovies and sippy cups.

Three more hours where I do not have to speak to a soul; I don't have to answer any questions or wipe any bottoms or break up any fights.  There may even be a nap in my future.

Dinner tonight with adults, where I can have more than one glass of wine.  More than two, even.

Hello, me time.  I've missed you.

(Full Disclosure: I've called home to check up on the guys no less than five times. So there's that.)

10 comments:

amy said...

so glad we could provied you with some solitude!

Becky said...

Sounds blissful! See you tomorrow!

Michele said...

Enjoy it! Say hi to the gang for me.

Mrsbear said...

So there IS a chance I'm going to enjoy myself...still freaking out at the prospect of being AWAY.

VandyJ said...

Me time--the thing mom's forget about. Glad you are getting some, enjoy your weekend!

文王廷 said...

感動 + 感恩 + 感謝(。-ˍ-。 )............................................................

Heather said...

Sounds blissful! I almost can't remember the solitude of my pre baby years.

Sorry that we didn't get a chance to meet for lunch. Hope you had a great time at blogher and all the adult conversation that was had.

王辛江淑萍康 said...

若有人問你成功時會不會記得他 試問若你失敗時他會不會記得你......................................................................

Captain Dumbass said...

No matter how much you love them, you need some me time for your continued sanity.

Casey said...

And it was nice to get away and meet you guys!