Tuesday, August 10, 2010

RTT: Decompressing

Oh, hello Tuesday.

randomtuesday

*So, BlogHer.  This post is kind of all over there, but I'm still decompressing.  In brief, I will say that it was ridiculously fun; my roommates Becky and Keely, and other bloggy friends Gretchen, Casey, Mrs. Bear, and Stimey were even funnier and nicer and smarter in person and I miss them all terribly; I missed my family less than I thought; I got lost of swag (I'm enjoying my second cup of coffee from my new Sprout mug); my children and home survived; I'm still tired; I have tons of photos that look exactly like these (all respectfully borrowed from Keely, since mine would not upload (but really, mine are EXACTLY the same):
Drink in hand (with Gretchen)!

Drink in had, slightly sweaty from dancing (with Gretchen and Becky)


Smiling, looking UP sans drink (WHAT?!) (with Becky, Keely, and Gretchen)

*Highlights were MoMA, walking around NYC, Stimey's autism panel, dinner with everyone at the bull-riding bar, and those ladies you see in those photos up there.  Low points were horrific blisters I got from wearing ridiculous shoes the first night, becoming a whore for tuna, and arriving for breakfast unshowered with bed-head on Day 2.

*My kids really missed me.  Which is nice, except for the part where they've been trying to climb inside of me and physically hanging off of my pants for the past two days.  Though, I did talk to a teary Oscar Sunday morning, and he sobbed, "I love you so, so much!  I miss you!" and it nearly killed me dead.

*My roommates Keely and Becky were exactly as I imagined them to be, and we got along really well and made good roommates.  The room was a little tight, but we made it work, and it was fun.  

* I met the Bloggess and Anymommy and both were funny, gracious, and very, very sweet.

*I'm not quite sure what else to add, but if you have any questions, let me know.  And, I met some other awesome bloggers that I plan to add to my reader expound upon at some point this week.

*That's all.  Did I mention I'm still tired?  I'm still tired.  


11 comments:

Everyday Goddess said...

Must have been an amazing time! Good fun!

Sprite's Keeper said...

They made me do the same thing for pork last year and couldn't understand when I said I didn't eat it..
Please tell me someone has pictures of Casey and Mrs. Bear! (Although I love these.)
email me tonight. I want to update my itinerary with you and try to see you next weekend!

Michele said...

There seems to be a lot of drinking and I wasn't there. Which is funny since if there is drinking involved I'm usually front and center. You all seem to have had a great time. Too bad you had to miss the cat bathing but the kids probably needed one when you got back. It's about the same thing.

Jan said...

*sigh* This is the second year I didn't go and wish I could have. Ah, well...I'd probably just sit around been blinded by Gretchen's beauty anyway.

I AM glad you had such a good time, though!

Big Mama Cass said...

Looks like you had a blast though! I would have died if my Monkey had said that too.

gretchen said...

If you look carefully in that first picture you have drinkssss in hand. Woohoo!

I had such a great time with you and the other girls. I'm so glad that y'all welcomed me into your gang.

I'm glad the boys (Nelson included) survived your absence. But it's kind of nice when they hand on your and love you desperately, isn't it?

Andrea said...

It was nice to meet you! I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to hang out more. (Oh geez, does anyone even say 'hang out' anymore or did I just date myself??)

Keely said...

I'm still tired too, and it's Thursday...Oscar breaks my heart a little! (in a good way)

Casey said...

My swag arrived via UPS this afternoon and I'm still not sure how much they charged me to ship it.

I didn't know the tuna whore story until I saw it over at Becky's... I missed that booth.

So glad we got to hang, finally.

Mrsbear said...

It took me a whole week to decompress. Yeesh. Was awesome to meet you! If I ever do it again I am breaking in my shoes a month in advance.

Stimey said...

Disclaimer: I am just now managing to get all the way back to early August in my reader. Many apologies.

It was awesome to meet you! Now we just have to figure out a way to hang out around here. :)