(Keely, I couldn't get the button to work, HELP!)
* We leave for vacation on Saturday. It's all I can do do be mentally present this week. My brain is already at the beach.
* Tomorrow is Danny's last day here. He starts preschool next week. I've been watching him for about 2.5 years, so we are really going to miss him. He and Oscar played really well together yesterday, and I was so glad. I hope they do as well again today. Benji, Danny's little brother, will still be with us though.
* Yesterday, I was chatting with Monica about Benji, and how these days he's rocketing through milestones and has become incredibly mobile almost overnight. He's not quite fully crawling hands-and-knees style, but he pulls himself along with his arms swift as a snake (a cute, blue-eyed, red-haired snake). She was mentioning that they were going to be putting their baby gates back up and asked if we would be doing the same. I told her I wasn't sure - we still have our gates up on the stairs, but took down the gates in the living room. Oscar knows how to open them, and they became more of a hazard than a baby protection device, so we took them down last spring. I was sort of like, Oh, Benji, he hangs around wherever I am, and Oh, I can chase ONE baby. Well, yesterday, while I was fixing his bottle, Benji went for a swim in the dog water, completely drenching himself. And then, when my mom left in the afternoon, Oscar and Miles both darted outside so I had to go after them. I came back in 10 seconds later and Benji had a hexagon wheat (AKA Barbara's Shredded Multi grain Spoonfuls) in each hand and was intent on cramming them into his mouth. INTENT. I mean, if the kid could have shot laser beams out of his eyes, he'd have killed me dead after I pried those wheats out of his steely grip. In short, I was all I can handle Benji and Benji was like, That's what you think, lady.
* Miles is talking up a storm these days and it is terribly cute. I'm enjoying the heck out of him, I think most especially because I kind of missed this whole stage with Oscar, as I was delirious with sleep deprivation and constantly nursing a newborn.
* Oscar starts preschool in just two weeks and one day. Someone hold me.
* Speaking of preschool, I'm a bit worried about the pottying situation. I mean, Oscar is potty trained, but he pretty much strips naked from the waist down every time he goes. I've been trying to convince him to just pull his pants down to his ankles, but have had no success. Now, he can redress himself, but it takes FOREVER and like three tries. He prefers to have help. I'm not sure how this is going to go over with his teachers. I guess I'll find out in two weeks.
* Guess who I met this weekend? Jen! She was fantastic, and we got on famously. She kept me out until 11PM, late hours for this lady. Jealous? I know you are.
Alright, well my laundry is taunting me, so I'm off to give it a swift kick in the rear. Go check out my dear, sweet, friend Keely and the rest of her random players. Oh, and her site's got a sweet new redesign, so click through your readers and check it out.