Monday, November 15, 2010

Hair today, hair tomorrow

I'm getting my hair cut Thursday.  Long, long overdue, friends.  Long.  I've practically got a mom mullet going on over here and it ain't pretty.

Nelson and Oscar are getting their hair cut this weekend.

Do you know who's NOT getting his hair cut?

Miles William.

We've decided that there will be no hair cut for Miles anytime in the near future.  He's going to be a long-haired kid, until he objects. It mostly stays out of his eyes, but it's terribly messy.  He always looks wind blown, like he just got off a boat or a motorcycle or a black ops mission.  He's like the baby version of Michael Westen but with messy hair.  Miles does love yogurt...

Right now, the back is borderline matted.  He ALMOST has baby dreads. I am not about the baby dreads.  In fact, I told Nelson just the other night that he should take Miles in for a hair cut when he and Oscar went this weekend.  Nelson objected.  "Lets leave it long." 

I might clean it up a little bit.  I'm okay with long hair, but not neglected-looking long hair, you know?

This guy does not need a hair cut.

6 comments:

Michele said...

Cutting off those baby curls would be a crime. Of course, dreads are a crime also so cleaning his hair up a bit sounds like a good plan.

Strawberry said...

I love the yogurt beard. We're definitely keeping our Miles' hair on the long-side, too. He's got great curls. But it's starting to puff out above his ears which drives me bonkers, so I'm going to see what my hairdresser thinks...

VandyJ said...

He looks so cute! Bruiser won't let me near his head with scissors. He's sporting a longer look these days. He has stick straight hair so no cute curls, although he does do the mad scientist look after naps sometimes.

jpooh said...

That was The Young One at that age - plus his locks were soft and curly and totally appropriate for a little girl.

He's still got the long hair thing going on, too - he looks like he's somewhere between the Beatles "clean cut" and "we've gone all hippy" stages, and will NOT let me take him to get it cut. But that's okay, since he's a teenager he pretends like he's not with me in public anyway.

Jan

Sprite's Keeper said...

No, he doesn't need a haircut. But he DOES need a shave. (So cute!)

gretchen said...

He's cute, cute no matter what. I love little boys hair a little wild and crazy. As long as they don't start looking like little girls. That's kind of embarrassing. But Miles does not have that problem.