Tuesday, November 30, 2010

RTT: Doings

randomtuesday

I'm in a weird space.  I'm trying to decide what to tell you about today.

I could tell you about how the Thanksgiving leftovers are in my fridge and I don't even want to eat them anymore.  I just want them to go away.

I could tell you about the runny nose Miles had had for the past six weeks with no signs of abating.

I could tell you about all the housework and laundry I've been doing.

I could tell you about the relentless telling of knock-knock jokes going on in my house, by both of my children, that all have the same punchline (a chomping noise.)

I could tell you how we decided to bump our thermostat back to 67 degrees.

I could tell you how I left the door open on my van the other day for four hours.  In the rain.  And I didn't remember it was open; my neighbor came over and advised me to shut it because of the rain.

I could tell you how I've finished most of my Christmas shopping.

I could tell you how Miles is wearing Oscar's hand-me-downs from last year (LAST YEAR!) and sometimes when I see my littlest boy round a corner his older brother's grey corduroys and dinosaur hoodie the sense of deja vu is so strong I have to take a minute to compose myself.

I could tell you how Oscar wrote his own name in school two weeks ago, complete with backwards letter "s" and I teared up right there in front of his teacher, when he proudly showed me his work in the nursery school playground.

I could tell you how Miles will be two in just two short weeks and how I've never felt less prepared for one of my children to grow a year older.

I could tell you about this dinner party I'm going to with my girlfriends tomorrow night.

I could tell you how a friend of our sat for the boys a few weeks ago and how much they loved her and how Oscar keeps asking when she's coming back.

I could tell you how Nelson is traveling right now, and how he has two trips in December.

I could tell you how our holiday plans are in place.

I could tell you how I still have not ordered our holiday cards.

I could tell you how annoyed I am that I still have not gotten proofs from the dorky sweater photo shoot.

I could tell you how much Miles loves pumpkin pie.

I could tell you I'm planning on revamping my blog.

I could tell you about any or all of these things in more detail, but meh.  It's all just normal doings here.  Comings. Goings.  Boring.  Mundane.  Fantastic.

10 comments:

VandyJ said...

I get the same sense of deja vu with Bruiser. They grow so fast. I find it hard to believe that he turns two the end of January. How did that happen?
Glad your Thanksgiving was good.

Michele said...

That tearing up thing? That will happen a lot. I sometimes get teary when my boys hit a special milestone. Then again my problem could be menopause.

Diana said...

Wow! Oscar wrote his name?! I'm so impressed I told Jason about it. :)

allstarme said...

Funny; you really did only write about mundane stuff and yet, I was compelled to read every last sentence. ):

kimert said...

Visiting from RTT!
I can't wait for my boy to write his name complete with a backwards "s." So, glad we didn't have any Thanksgiving leftovers or I'd be having to run tons of extra miles just to work it all off!

Sprite's Keeper said...

I always find the mundane fantastic. No surprises equals less stress.

Hanna said...

HI there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop!!! LOVELY blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
Take a peek at my giveaways when you stop by. I've got 4 amazing handmade ones going on now:)

Keely said...

Wonder why the 's' is always hard...so impressed that he wrote his name though!

Captain Dumbass said...

Two? Wasnt he like 0 just yesterday? WTH?

Patty O. said...

My daughter just turned 5 this week and I don't like it. Not one little bit.