And, yet, here were are in the new year and I can't help but think of it as a fresh start. I can change things! Do better! Be better! Achieve more!
I've decided to ride this wave of 2011 enthusiasm and I'm going make some positive changes, health-wise. I'm not talking about dieting, or not exclusively about dieting. I'm talking about taking better care of my whole self. Here are my goals to this end:
1) Eat a more healthy, well balanced diet, including whole grains, lean proteins and limiting sugar and alcohol (yes, really)
2) Go to the midwives to for my annual exam (the last time I went was when Miles was six weeks old, so that's two years now)
3) Get an eye exam (I have not been since I was pregnant with Oscar, four years ago)
4) Exercise regularly, starting with once a week and working myself up to four or five times a week by the end of the year (includes buying new work out clothes/shoes, YEAH!)
5) Obtain a primary care physician
6) Go to the dermatologist for a skin check
7) Get regular hair cuts, at least every 12 weeks (this is a mental health goal)
8) Go to the dentist twice for cleanings/exams
9) Get tooth #7 extracted and necessary restoration (I've needed to have this extraction done for more than three years)
10) Laugh more
Okay, so that's what I got. I'm feeling charged up! I'm off to eat some bran flaks with skim milk and a banana. Hooray, health!