Well, hello there! How are things? Look at us, entering our third month of 2011, can you even believe it?
If you can, please think back. Back to January 2011. Two whole months ago, I decided that I would spend this year working towards bettering my health and set ten health-related goals. Aren't you curious has to how I'm doing on my goals? I knew you were.
1) Eat a more healthy, well balanced diet, including whole grains, lean proteins and limiting sugar and alcohol (yes, really) You guys. I just ate whole-grain oatmeal with bananas for breakfast. Last night? Dinner was a baked chicken with roasted vegetables and for lunch today I'll have a salad with beets and blue cheese. AND, I've lost more than 10lbs so far this year. I'm kicking this goal's ass.
2) Go to the midwives to for my annual exam (the last time I went was when Miles was six weeks old, so that's two years now) My appointment is in three and a half weeks (it's hard to get in what with all the pregnant ladies and such.)
3) Get an eye exam (I have not been since I was pregnant with Oscar, four years ago) I'm nowhere with this. It's pretty low on my priority list.
4) Exercise regularly, starting with once a week and working myself up to four or five times a week by the end of the year (includes buying new work out clothes/shoes, YEAH!) Um, HELLO?! I just started training for a 5K. The training has me running/walking three times a week for 20-30 minutes each day, so I've got this, as long as I keep up with the training.
5) Obtain a primary care physician Done, though my first appointment is not until the beginning of May (first available, no kidding.)
6) Go to the dermatologist for a skin check Nada. Even lower than the eye exam.
7) Get regular hair cuts, at least every 12 weeks (this is a mental health goal) I did get my hair cut a week and a half ago, so it is yet to be seen if I'll get back in the allocated time.
8) Go to the dentist twice for cleanings/exams No, and I'm overdue. I was going to find a new dentist, but now I'm thinking I'll just go to my old one for the time being. I think my teeth are growing fur.
9) Get tooth #7 extracted and necessary restoration (I've needed to have this extraction done for more than three years) No. See above dentist issue.
10) Laugh more Yes, absolutely. I have felt happier, more at ease, and more relaxed these first two months to 2011 than I have in a long time.
So, that's my progress for 2011. How about you? How is your year coming along?