Tuesday, March 29, 2011

RTT: Potties, babies, and bodies

randomtuesday

*I have an announcement to make:

Miles William has peed in the potty.  Just once, and just a little bit, but he did it by request and intentionally and once he was done he was running around shouting, "I DID IT! I DID IT!"   AND he did it again this morning. I was so proud.  I'm pretty sure I now know how the parents of Olympic athletes feel as they watch their children compete.

All that said, he's not really ready for potty training. He just sits on it until he goes.  He does not have the bladder control yet, but I'm glad he's interested and trying.

*I destroyed five minute intervals this weekend.  On to eight minute intervals.  Oh, and I'm participating in my first 5K this weekend.  I won't be able to run the whole thing, but I'm am excited about my first race.  Goal: not to come in last.

*Last night I dreamed that I had a baby girl and that I named her Mallory Anne.  Or rather Nelson named her Mallory Anne and I was a little annoyed because 1) My sister's step-daughter has a daughter named Mallory so while that is a lovely name, we see her often enough that we could never use the same name, and 2) "Anne" is also a lovely name, but my mom is Ann with no "e" and why the heck would we give our baby the middle name "Anne" and NOT "Ann?" Also in the dream I was frantic because we seemed to own no ridiculously cute hair clips for her very short hair (it was a little baby pixie cut) and if I had a little girl there would BE ridiculously cute hair clips.  Gobs of them.

* I read this great article about women and body image and weight shame.  You should read it, and you should look at all the photos of the beautiful women who shared their real, actual weight.  It's eye opening, and it is really empowering.

*My birthday is a week from today.  A week! Apparently Oscar has a big idea for my gift.  I'm thinking light saber wielding, superhero themed, monster truck.

*I am wearing my very skinniest jeans today.  And they look awesome.  I look awesome.  I feel awesome.

11 comments:

Michele said...

Good luck on your first 5K. I know you'll do great!. Yay for skinny jeans.

Kristine said...

Kids are so cute and soooo proud of themselves when they first go on the potty. There's no stopping him now!

Happy Random Tuesday!!

jpooh said...

Know what? You ARE awesome.

Jan

VandyJ said...

Good luck on your 5K. Bruiser is so not ready for potty training. I'm not ready for potty training. Yea for Oscar though!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Is it possible to not be family, but still be so very very proud of you? Yes, yes it is.

Captain Dumbass said...

You are awesome, and so it Miles.

Becky said...

Yes you are awesome! And I get to tell you in person soon! xoxo

Five minutes, whoa. That is serious!

Keely said...

That's cause you ARE awesome! Go you!

Can MW come and explain to X why HE should be excited about sitting on the potty? Because he totally gets it, and is obviously old enough to have the control, he just WON'T SIT ON IT.

Susanica said...

Hi Jenni. Just finish the race. I hate to think you'd base your self worth on other people finishing after you. I finished my only big race hours after most other had done so (and walking--there was no more run left in me). People who were 30+ years older than me beat me but you know what? Their story was different than mine. For all I know they'd been running for years. I had not. Anyway, I love how you are doing stuff that is making you feel so good about yourself.

And that article you referenced was spot on. Still thinking about it. -M

Mom in High Heels said...

Good luck on your 5K! Who cares if you don't run the whole thing? Just finish it and be proud! Indy has done about six 5K's (starting at age 6). He's totally in it for the medal they give out at the end and some of them have taken him 45 (excruciating) minutes, but he does them.
And in case I'm not back for it, happy early birthday!!! Mine was last week!

Aimee said...

Thank you for the link to the getting real post!