Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Four

Yesterday, my super special guy turned four.  Four!  Four seems big.  Four seems closer to "little boy" than to "baby" or even "toddler." He's a kid now.

We had a pretty marvelous day, punctuated by his favorite things (cinnamon toast, brownies, Scooby Doo, his new Leapster 2).  It was busy and fun, just like Oscar.

I remain eternally grateful for this kid.  He's smart, witty, funny.  And that's at four!  I could get all mushy now, recalling Oscar's birth, how I caught him, delivered him into my own hands, how that moment forever changed everything, how in that moment I knew that being his mom was the most important thing I would ever do.  I can still remember the way he felt, warm and slimy and like home.

Happy fourth birthday, Oscar Dominic.  I'm so honored to be your mom.  I love you, buddy.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Aw, what a sweetie. Happy birthday, Oscar!

Four is SUCH a fun age. :)

Momma Hunt said...

Happy birthday to your baby! Birthdays are important for mommas too!

Sprite's Keeper said...

How lovely! Happy birthday, Oscar!

rachel said...

He looks just like a big boy now! I need to update Ben's blog. Oh, and I love the tattoos! Ben has one on his forearm today, too :)

Andrea said...

But did you get the chicken?!?! Happy four years of mommyhood to you, and super fun big great wishes to Oscar on being a big boy!

Susanica said...

He is a very cool kid Jenni. A very awesome boy! -M

Keely said...

Happy belated birthday, Oscar! He's so freakin' adorable, big kid or not!

Casey said...

You guys make some cute kids for sure. Happy 4th, Oscar! Hope it was a great one.