Thursday, June 2, 2011

Little sommelier

Scene: Oscarelli family living room, this afternoon, after preschool pick-up


Oscar: Oh, no!

Jenni: What's up?

Oscar: I forgot my thing?

Jenni: Your thing?

Oscar: My thing that smells like lemons.  I forgot it at school.

Jenni: Thing that smells like lemons? Thing that smells like lemons.

A light bulb goes of over Jenni's head.  



Jenni: The wine cork.  You mean the wine cork.  You took the wine cork to school.

Oscar: The thing that smells like lemons*.

Jenni: You left it at school.

Oscar: I guess.

Jenni: [sighs] You left a wine cork at your school.

Oscar: Yep

Jenni: Oh, Oscar.

Oscar wanders off. End scene.


*To be fair, that Chardonnay bled did have citrus notes.

5 comments:

Michele said...

The kid has a great nose. I see a career opportunity for him.

Krystal said...

I'm with Michele on this one and I hope you don't get a note tomorrow wondering why it was that the little one was walking around with a cork because that would just raise eyebrows and weird questions...but adorable to boot!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Ooh, could he recommend a good wine to pair with fish?

Captain Dumbass said...

Bah ha ha ha ha!

Keely said...

"I guess."

LOVE that response. In a "I can totally identify with that" kind of way.