1) Unload/reload dishwasher
2) Arrange play date for Oscar
3) Coordinate weekly playgroup
4) Pack it up and head to the pool (possibly twice, weather and children depending)
5) Call pest control (ants) and schedule visit
6) Pull together non-perishables for food drive at Nelson's work
7) 2-3 loads of laundry
8) Fix lunches/snacks
9) Plan & prepare dinner
10) Entertain/care for children (playing with them, dressing them, changing diapers, etc.)
11) Light house work - picking up, dusting, crumb wiping, bed making, etc.
12) Water/harvest garden if necessary
13) Pay the car payment
This is just how I spend my day, my basic housewifery. My motions, if you will. I recognize that this is not earth shattering, exciting stuff that involves deep thinking or strategics, but it is the important stuff that keeps my family plugging along each week. But, I have to tell you, I love this stuff, all these little tasks that push things along. Little accomplishments all day long. It suits me.
What about you? Your daily grind? Do you love it? Hate it? Gimmie the painfully boring deets.