Monday, August 15, 2011

Complaints, I have a few

Is there anything worse than a summer cold?  I mean, obviously there are things worse than a summer cold, but you know what I mean.  My head, ears, nose, chest, all congested.  My throat, sore. My muscles, aching.  Complete bodily exhaustion.  It's been a week.  I'm over this.

It has been raining like the dickens here.  Not that I should complain as it has not really rained in DC since sometime in May, but it's just that this is the end of the summer and our last few weeks of the pool and we can't even go because there is pretty much thunder all day long.

Oscar has been terribly defiant and ugly lately if he does not get his way.  He's been making threats, "I'll take all your stuff and throw it in the trash!"   "I'm just going to throw things on the floor!" "I"m going to scream until you let me XXX!" He's also been physical, intentionally scratching or trying to squeeze our hands until it hurts.  So that has been fun. We're giving him time outs and that generally stops the behavior in the moment, but there has been not decrease in the behavior in general.  I'm hoping he's just board and ready for school to start.  I know I am.

Miles has finally decided to live up the the terrible twos.  My sweet little boy now throws temper tantrums with impressive noise and longevity over basically nothing.  Screaming, crying, throwing himself on the floor, kicking, flailing; the works! And then after about 15 or 20 minutes he just stops.  Super.

God, that was self indulgent, but I am feeling slightly better.

3 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Indulge all you want, I'm not feeling so sunshiny today either. :-)

VandyJ said...

Two year olds can drive you nuts. Bruiser has got the tantrum down and has thrown it a pathetic twist--he crumples to the floor and looks so sad and defeated if he's told no. It's some kind of fun, but not mine.
Hope both your boys move out of these phases. I know I'm waiting for Bruiser to outgrow his.

Frogs in my formula said...

Self-indulgent complaining can be very therapeutic. Sounds like you have your hands full.