Monday, November 21, 2011

So, did you miss me?

Well, hello there!  I know, long time, right? Weeks!  I've been up to lots and lots of stuff. So have my kids. He's the short of it.

Oscar successfully completed soccer and started skating lessons.  He claims to want to play hockey, so I figure he's to to start with the basics.

Miles has been his normal cute and charming self, though he's been doing this thing where he's completely obsessed with me and will not let Nelson do anything for him. I have to pour all his drinks, fix his bath, get him dressed. I love the little guy, but it's kind of exhausting.  He's starting show signs of being over this, though.

I have not done any holiday shopping,.

I have a 5K in two weeks and I'm not ready.

I've been doing a little paid writing and editing, and that the reason for the lack of holiday shopping and lack of running.

Nelson's birthday is in two weeks, and the party is the same day as my 5K because I'm trying to do too many things at once and doing nothing very well.

My family has eaten take out a record number of times in the past three weeks.

I have gone to a record number of town meetings that have been painfully, painfully long. Like three hours long. Blah, blah, blah with all the blahing, folks.

My writing/edit gig was taking up all my free writing time, and that's mostly slowed up, so I should be back at the blogging.  I have a good one it the queue about a preschool mom that dislikes me, but I can't decide if I should post it.  Some of the other parents know I blog and I'm not sure if the mean mom is one of them.   Should I risk it?  Should I?

9 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

If you omit the name, there's not much she can say. And if she's giving off the vibe that she doesn't like you, then maybe she needs a written kick in the pants.

Becky said...

Yes, blog it woman. BLOG IT ALL. My experience is that people who are difficult never recognize themselves in thinly-veiled portraits.

Glad to see you pop back in here!

VandyJ said...

Good to see you back! Life sure does have away of getting in the way.

Susanica said...

Go for it Jenni! Just withhold name. I'm sure you can find nice ways of saying pretty crabby thing. ;-)-M

Keely said...

Just give her a pseudonym. I'm with Becky: those people never recognize themselves. Of course, you may give one of the NICE ones a mild anxiety attack, "OMG SHE MEANS ME!", but hey, all's fair in blog & war.

Keely said...

Also, welcome back. Missed you. Even though you're on FB and stuff.

gretchen said...

I have to admit that I was starting to worry a little. I even checked to make sure my Google Reader was functioning property. There you were on Facebook, acting normally, posting cute things about the boys. But no blogging. Glad you're back. Paid writing and editing? I'm SO jealous. How do you get that?

Denny P 3 said...

I say risk writing the blog! If she doesn't like, who cares what she thinks!

Casey said...

Soccer is fun! We just started a week ago and I like it but it is also exhausting to get the kids out of the house twice a week for something organized. Elliot and Miles are the same, I am her prized possession that she will flip her shit over if she doesn't get ME, Me, me, all of the time. It's been this way for a year and is exhausting.

Missed you!