Sunday, November 27, 2011

The swing

We are finally, fully done with our holiday-ing. We are home. I've been to the grocery store. I am considering our pile of dirty laundry.

I was really cranky when we got home.  The boys were the devil to get in the car, and I was tired from sleeping poorly all weekend on an uncomfortable bed. We'd been in a few minutes and I snapped at Nelson and he said, "Okay, I'm going to go do the dishes now."

And he did!

I went in to the kitchen to apologize for my temper, an he was like, "Hey, no problem. I saw how cranky you were so I decided I'd do the dishes and maybe that would improve your mood."

It worked!

I went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of food and a special treat for my sister-in-law, who just had a baby last week. I had gotten a gift for my older niece and the new baby and then I was like, "Hey, she just pushed out a kid! She should get a present!"

Nelson took the boys to the playground so I'm enjoying the silence, though the fact that this place is messy is killing me.  I should probably clean it up but, oh, I have two shipments from Old Navy that I haven't even opened! Priorities.

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

I'm always super cranky when I get home from a trip. So much stress, so much to do. Hope you had a great holiday despite lack of sleep.

Amanda said...

Totally know that feeling. And yes, the cleaning can wait when there are packages to be opened and new clothes to be tried on!