Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 is happening

I love when a new year starts. It's all shiny and fresh from the package.  Possibilities are endless! Adventures are ahead! New experiences will be had!

This year will be a big one for the Oscarelli family. Oscar starts kindergarten in the fall, and Miles will enter nursery school. It's going to be major. It's going to be great. 

I suffered a not minor knee injury around Thanksgiving that is finally healing. Hopefully I can start running on it again this week and these 10 holiday pounds will just fall right off. 

We had such a wonderful Christmas. Our best. Oscar got Legos and Star Wars and a new race track. Miles got trains, trains and more trains. I don't think there's a train that kid does not have. 

Nelson got me two fingerprint charms from the boys, and he also framed some of our favorite family photos and got me some notebooks embossed with my name (for my writing gigs, he's so sweet.) 

The best gift Nelson received (other than a shiny, new iPhone) was probably hearing that he'd passed is Professional Engineer exam. He's also been asked to take on more of a leadership role internationally in his field, which is quite an honor. I'm very proud of that guy. 

I see a lot of fun for us in 2012. Skating lessons and craft time this winter. More camping trips, visiting friends; lacrosse and t-ball in the spring. Swimming lessons and lots of trips to the pool and our annual beach vacation this summer. Kindergarten and preschool in the fall, and another camping trip or two for good measure. 

We've got quite a year ahead of us. I hope to see you all somewhere in there too!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I am intrigued by the fingerprint charms--they sound neat! Happy healing so you can get on with all of ht fun stuff! Happ 2012!

Keely said...

Ouch, the knee sounds no fun. Hope you get back to running soon. Happy 2012!

Becky said...

Happy New Year to you guys! Yes, lots to look forward to in 2012.

Amy said...

It's on! Happy new year! Sounds like y'all are off to a great start. :)

Sprite's Keeper said...

Sounds wonderful. Happy New Year!

Casey said...

Happy New Year Jenni! And congrats to Nelson for passing the Eng Exam, that is not minor stuff! Glad to hear your knee is better, that had to suck major ass.

Pour partager ma mode said...

Le Kelly Hermes
Wedding Dresses
Bridesmaid Dresses
Prom Dresses
Quinceanera Dresses
Discount Wedding Dresses
Wedding Dresses
Bridesmaid Dresses

Prom Dresses
Sac Pas Cher
Sac Louis Vuitton
Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher
sac a main pas cher
Sac Louis Vuitton
Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher
Sac Pas Cher
Sac Pas Cher Marque

gretchen said...

I just loved this post. So upbeat and happy. Just what I needed this morning. Having both boys in school is going to ROCK YOUR WORLD.